NORTHERN GOLF CLUB
All golfer must make themself familiar with the R & A Rules of Golf. Local rules as applied to the Kings Links Golf Course and the Northern Golf Club conditions of play as listed below.
The Classes of Handicap are:
Class 1 -
Class 2 -
Rules of Play
1. All player must sign into the competition book prior to play and note their tee off time, book number and handicap on their scorecard. Card submitted without the above will NOT be considered.
2. All scorecard marked during the process of the game must be returned immediately after play and must be signed by the player (with a “c” handicap at a Kings Links Golf Club) and a person marking the card Absence of a signature(s) will result in disqualification. Under no circumstances must a scorecard be re-
3. Our club operates a computerised competition and handicapping system. Therefor in oreder to calculate a correct competition standard scratch (CSS) all cards are required to be returned on completion of the round you are required to:
A. Return your scorecard wether complete or not
B. Enter you score hole by hole on the computer terminal located in the members lounge.
REPEATED FAILURE TO DO EITHER MAY RESULT IN SUSPENSION FROM FUTURE COMPETITIONS
4. Anyone who does not wish to be included in matchplay draw after qualifying shouls inform match secretary/golf committee
5. Slow Play will not be tolerated. All players must keep up with the group in front. If struggling wave the group behind through
6. If the couse is unplayable between 5am and sunset the competition will be cancelled.
7. All protest must be lodged in writing on the day of play if possible but not more than 24 hours later. The decision of the match secretary/golf committee will be final.
8. Marr Bowl, Mathews Cup, Chambers trophy, Club Trophy and Bissett bowl are all matchplay competitions after medalplay qualifying rounds.
9. The Cummings Cup,G Faquharson trophy and W J Brown trophy are also matchplay competitions but entry is via the noticeboard.
10. Only player who have registered the Northern Golf Club as their HOME golf club are eligible to compete in the Marr Bowl, Chambers tropy and Mathew Cup.
11. The winners of the Marr Bowl shall represent the Northern Golf Club in next seasons Evening Express Champion of champions tournament.
12. The Winners of the Club Trophy shall represent the Northern Golf Club in the following seasons Evening Express Champion of champions handicap tournament.
13. If one player wins both Marr Bowl and Club trophy, the winner of the Bisset Bowl shall represent the Northern Golf Club in the above competition.
14. Summer monthly medal competitions (1st & 2nd Class) will take place each month (April to September) A member can only win one summer monthly medal per season The winners qualify for the summer monthly medal final.
15. Winter monthly medal competitions (1st & 2nd Class) will take place each month (October to March) A member can only win one winter monthly medal per season The winners qualify for the winter monthly medal final.
22 Golf Road,
Tel : 01224 636440
Fax/Office : 01224 622579